Skip to main content

The Cuties, Work Stuff and Reading

Haven't stopped into WWW-land for a while now. While I've been gone my nephews came into the world early. Now they're ten days old and all is well. Together they still weigh less than I did when I was born! But their cuter than I was, so things even out in the end. ;) Do I sound like an aunt, or what?

Been working. I got a little insight into how people really do watch the news and let it change their opinions. Imagine that! The other night one of the networks was kind enough to have a segment that basically said that private debt collectors would be worse than the IRS when it came to collecting, and in general comparing us to criminals. Starting the next morning the incidence of trouble from the other end of the line rose drastically. Usually I get about 1 person a week cuss the blue streak, since that news hit I've had about 10 a day. Even got a mild threat of bodily harm. It wasn't anything that graphic, but I'll skip the details. After I hung up I thought "this man might be insane but he won't fly across the country" and then it occurred to me "this wouldn't be bad dialogue for a villain". Good thing I'm a writer.

I have been reading the Stephanie Plum series. That was one of my New Years' Resolutions that I'm done with. Eleven On Top wasn't available in mass market when I made the deal, and I'm nearly done with it. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning today and couldn't sleep again so I read most of it before going to work this morning. (Went to sleep at 9! On a Friday night! What a wimp!)

Now I'm debating spending $20+ on the hardback version of Twelve Sharp. They entire series is hilarious and I don't want to wait until it comes out in paperback and seeing as how it is reserved from now until it comes out in paperback at the library, if I want to keep up the momentum I'll be over at Borders this evening.

I'm leaning more toward Ranger in the love triangle thing going on. In "ten" I could definitely get a bead on taking a shower with Ranger's shower gel. But it did occur to me that Stephanie wouldn't have had to ask about the brand name because ... it would be labelled. (Eleven On Top is one of the items Amazon.com customers bought along with this. Suppose that mean Evanovich has spiked Bvulgari's bottom line?)

Okay, back to fantasizing about men. The aphrodisiac qualites of Ranger's shower gel might have worked for me too, but if I could jump into the pages of a book ... I'd want to meet Tank. But he's the one I keep wondering about. Ha.

As for what I'm reading next, the problem is that I already bought about ten books in August and I want to read Nora Robert's new vampire book Morrigan's Cross which will be released in just a few days. Choices. Choices. This new series will have a book in August, September and October as I recall. They are right up my alley for reading material and I imagine they'll be sold in that new larger, comfort paperback that costs a bit more.

Comments

  1. I love the Stephanie Plum books! I love the library because most of the time you can get them in sequence. I also highly recommend J.A. Jance books. Pretty darn good.

    Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the Stephanie Plum books. I've heard they're really good though. I'll have to pick one up.

    Your nephews are gorgeous! Congratulations on being a new auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Auntie Annalee! They're adorable! I haven't read the Stephanie Plum books, but I probably should start. I'm reading Angels Fall by Nora now and got my Mom order Morrigan's Cross for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you, the babies are adorable and congrats on being an auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Annalee, your tiny nephews are absolutely adorable!

    I haven’t read any of the Stephanie Plum books yet, although I purchased a couple a while ago. I’ve heard good things about them so they’re definitely on my already far-too-long TBR list. I just keep buying more books and it sometimes takes me a year or more before I get to them--and that’s not a joke. :-/

    As for Nora Roberts’ new book, that sounds interesting as well. I’ve actually only read one or two of her books and that was years ago. Interesting that she’s doing a vamp story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two are adorable - congrats on being an auntie! I've got Eleven on Top in my TBR pile and haven't read any of the others - you think I need to read them first?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to blogland. We missed you, Auntie Annalee!

    BTW, I'm kind of a Joe girl, myself. Nothing like a man in uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, the babies are adorable!!! :)

    Welcome back, Annalee! Blogland has missed you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for congrats about the nephews :)

    Leann... I'll have to look at J.A. Jance's books. I have seen, but I haven't read any. If they've got the humor/mystery going for them I'll definitely enjoy.

    Lyric ... I did read Twelve Sharp this past week. The whole series is great. It was a match with my reading preferences, and I enjoyed meeting all the characters the author has come up with.

    Jennifer... I didn't get the new NR yet. Overspending my book budget, I'll wait until November and reading those 3 back-to-back. In effect, I'm pre-planning the overspending for November already. LOL.

    Daisy... I am the same way. Between the unread eBooks and paperbacks I don't need to go book shopping for years. But it doesn't stop me from buying more new books because I'm definitely a bookaholic and have high hopes I'll get to them all! At the rate I'm going, when I'm an old lady and they come pick me up for the nursing home they'll have to find me in the maze of stacked books.

    Speaking of Nora doing vamps... on blogs I've read how vamps are getting old. Yet they're banking on vamp books by Nora. I'm glad. I love reading about vamps.

    Debora ... I think the series would be more enjoyable in order. Only because it's fun to read the "romance" going on. The history she has being confused over Joe Morelli and Ranger is the best part of the books for a romance reader. The mysteries within are stand alone.

    Bebe ... I'm a sucker for a tall, dark and handsome Native American man. Of course, nothing wrong with tall, dark and handsome Italians either. I'm so confused! LOL.

    Laine ... Hi. They are so tiny beneath those hats. I couldn't find any preemie clothes to send. They don't have them at my old favorite Wal-Mart.

    M. Green ... thanks. Oscar Wilde (I think) said that "work" is the curse of the drinking classes. Same goes for bloggers. LOL. Thank goodness for weekends though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:28 PM PDT

    Hey Annalee - those babes are just gorgeous! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Rain & Snow & News

I saw Sparks on the national news. We've been having a lot of rain and some snow. I guess the Truckee River was "this close" to flood stage. I didn't go to the downtown area, and out on my end of Reno the river I'm in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas so flooding isn't a huge problem. Here I am talking about the weather... Had two bad phone calls this weekend, and worried about family. My uncle is in ICU and getting worse, not better. Makes it tough to be in another state. There was good news with the phone calls... just a few more days and my brother will be visiting for almost a week. Still not sure if I'm going to drive down to Vegas with them. I've applied for a new position and have a sneaking suspicion I'll be interviewed then. Can't really go off playing when something like that comes up. My other brother stopped by yesterday and I gave him a crew cut. I had these GI Jane flashed images running through my mind. I haven't done much

UNWRITTEN ROMANCE by Jenna Bayley-Burke

Unwritten Romance $1.50 UNWRITTEN ROMANCE by Jenna Bayley-Burke Sweetheart Rosette from The Wild Rose Press Given a second chance at life, Mindy Thomas swallows her fear and decides to tell her boss how she feels about him. Except Jared Salazar misunderstands, thinking she's after a promotion. Mindy uses the interview to ensure Jared understands she wants him, not the position. excerpt :: Benign . The single word echoed through the receiver, and her soul bubbled over with excitement. The last three days seemed to last a lifetime. Every hour stretched on in slow motion since she’d found a pebble-like growth underneath her arm, endured the biopsy, and waited. Waited. The clinical voice on the phone explained medical technicalities about the type of cyst they’d found, but Mindy Thomas barely paid attention. She’d spent every second of the past three days thinking about what she would do, how she would live, if only she received this reprieve. The world buzzed around her tiny cubicle a